Sunday, November 30, 2014

I don't want to waste even a day in the valley

There were so many kisses of God this extended holiday/weekend...and so many times I made my complaints known to God. I'm still in the valley, barefoot and treading through terrain that is at some points well watered, soft, and beginning to grow spring grass and lilies. 
But I step too hard and my feet sink and are stuck in the miry clay mix that I know I'm pulling out of, but it's slow.  Then when I'm free from the muck, I place my foot in the next part of the path and it's rocky. It's the only way through the valley, I think. And I have to ask for discernment. Is this straight? At first glance all sides look the same-painful and wrong.

This weekend was that path. But what the  Lord did was prove his holiness and omniscience-again! And when pressed in on all sides, feeling the need to make a decision for direction, but being open and naked, in a valley exposed to enemies, all I could do was wait, pray, and ask. What was I feeling? Was I feeling anything at all? Shock? Numbness? Nope. Fear. But Fear of the Lord. He has an answer. My daily reading today was Hebrews 10 to the end of the book. "Vengeance is mine, I will repay." and "For, after just a brief moment, he who is to come shall come; he shall not delay. But my just one shall live by faith, and if he draws back I take no pleasure in him. We are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life." (Hebrews 10:30, 37-39)

I still had no clear answer other than to have Faith though I had foggy vision. I continued to pray for revelation because as I had remembered when we are hungry, lonely, angry or tired, we shouldn't act, we should stop and pray. Those cloud or fog our judgement and discernment. 

And. HE. DOES. EVERY. TIME.

 More than I could imagine...

He gave me a chance encounter with a dear friend at the bookstore at church: A helper from my third grade class was working the register as I checked out. 

Then a former student from said class was there as I turned around at the ready to tell me all about his life since then and give me hugs.

Blessed prayer time at the end of worship with ministry students blessed my heart and allowed me to minister to them. 

All weekend to find respite and connect with a friend and her family to process and find the path and answer for navigating valley in a safe way. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope"

 His promises are true and they are real. My faith only needs to be the size of a mustard seed, but I love it when it's even bigger!
"So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

For your listening enjoyment...Audra Lynn says, "I don't want to waste another day" in Tastes So Sweet 

No comments:

Post a Comment