Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Battle Scars and Best Friends

Most days I live in oblivion (probably ninety to ninety-seven percent of the time) to the destruction terrorism, war, and real poverty are doing around the world. My battles are with the television ads telling my daughter she must look a certain way and my son he needs a Pajanimal (if you haven't seen these count yourself lucky.). 

As a mom with an intercessor or Anna calling, I do tend to have a little more heightened sense of the burden or ache for these things for sure. However, I get distracted. The mundane. The routine. Even the beauty of my blessings take my mind off of what freedoms I have living where I do and the need to pray for those in war zones and poverty. 

I frequently look at others and wonder Why God did you choose now? How God did you choose to place me here? Why these talents for me? Why did you choose for that person to live there? What are you going to do? What are you trying to show?  

One of the dearest women The Lord placed in my life who strengthens my walk, challenges my integrity as a person, and inspires me to have fun every day is also a veteran. 

But you would never know that she fought and still fights every day for my freedom and yours. I never knew the comittment that even our reserves and many of our retired military put into our country after the fact or when off duty. I am so honored to be a citizen of a country where I have freedom to speak out and debate with others about how my amazing country is run. I am grateful for her and others who continue to do their duties so that last Tuesday I could proudly walk into my local voting venue and safely vote. 

And today I will do my duty to honor veterans and celebrate them.  I send extra thoughts and prayers to honor you and bless you. I pray that battle scars be healed. That a revelation of what our country was founded on spread across our nation and to the ends of the earth. 

Thank you veterans for giving what I cannot so that Americans can have a life of freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment